Close

Hybrid View

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    What does the manufacturer recommend? What do the MSDS's say about the material?

You can ask all you want on the internet, but those two sources are the only place you will find the right answer to those questions. If you don't have access to these documents, then demand that you do. I believe the MSDS access is federal law at this point, for a public environment like a lab (work or school).

Yes, I know it's SDS now, but MSDS gets the point across better, IMO.

But it boils down to this: I was a flight medic for many years, and we had a saying: "If it's wet and sticky, and not yours, leave it alone". Don't inhale fumes, Don't inhale the part, Don't eat the part, Filament or resin should not be inhaled. Not for use on Children under 37.5 months. Warranty void if eaten by shark (that's a real one for Pelican cases, check it out). In case of alien invasion, your 3dprinter can be used as life raft, but probably not very well.

Read the instructions and use common sense. Respiratory issues would have presented themselves within minutes after inhalation, or 40 years from now. So I'm guessing you'll be fine.

Thanks for the replies so far. My colleague advised that as long as the materials are cured, there shouldn't be too much harm. Nevertheless, I will remember to wear gloves next time and give the parts long enough time to cool down.