Close

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    You can post them here! If you have more than 5 files, just do a 2nd post with the second half of the files!

Do a 'Reply' and then you will see a 'Go Advanced' button where you get more options. At that point you will be able to manage attachments.

I'm very eager to see the 3D rendering of it!

Technician

Extruder files for SmartRap printer

The extruder can also be used for any Bowden type of printer. Simply print a foot to place the motor end in and then the extruder will become a stand-alone Bowden ewxtruder.

Picture-050.jpgPicture-034.jpgPicture-004.jpg

http://regpye.com.au/Smartrap/SmartRap geared extruder L.stl
    Left handed exit

http://regpye.com.au/Smartrap/SmartRap geared extruder R.stl
    Right handed exit
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by regpye View Post
    The extruder can also be used for any Bowden type of printer. Simply print a foot to place the motor end in and then the extruder will become a stand-alone Bowden ewxtruder.

Picture-050.jpgPicture-034.jpgPicture-004.jpg

http://regpye.com.au/Smartrap/SmartRap geared extruder L.stl
    Left handed exit

http://regpye.com.au/Smartrap/SmartRap geared extruder R.stl
    Right handed exit
    I really try hard to not nit-pick! But those links don't work! I got the left handed side .STL files by using:

regpye.com.au/Smartrap/SmartRap%20geared%20extruder%20L.stl

And I think the right handed one points to the same thing as the left handed one! Even if I manually change the link to: regpye.com.au/Smartrap/SmartRap%20geared%20extruder%20R.stl I get the same thing.

OK! Enough complaining! Do you have the .stl file for where the switch mounts and the lever that presses on it?

I was looking at your web site. Your work bench is much cleaner and more tidy than mine!!! With that said... My code is very clean! At least the code I know I'm going to release for others to see!

I laughed when I saw you stuck regpye on your .stl file! I have that same trait. I stick Roxy on most .stl files I design: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...-Roxy-Iris-Box You can see how messy my work area is. The printer barely has room to move the bed back and forth. It squished the bag of potato chips you can see behind the printer.
    Last edited by Roxy; 05-02-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    I really try hard to not nit-pick! But those links don't work! I got the left handed side .STL files by using:

regpye.com.au/Smartrap/SmartRap%20geared%20extruder%20L.stl

And I think the right handed one points to the same thing as the left handed one! Even if I manually change the link to: regpye.com.au/Smartrap/SmartRap%20geared%20extruder%20R.stl I get the same thing.

OK! Enough complaining! Do you have the .stl file for where the switch mounts and the lever that presses on it?

I was looking at your web site. Your work bench is much cleaner and more tidy than mine!!! With that said... My code is very clean! At least the code I know I'm going to release for others to see!

I laughed when I saw you stuck regpye on your .stl file! I have that same trait. I stick Roxy on most .stl files I design: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...-Roxy-Iris-Box You can see how messy my work area is. The printer barely has room to move the bed back and forth. It squished the bag of potato chips you can see behind the printer.
    Sorry for the wrong file being up, it has been corrected now.
    http://regpye.com.au/Smartrap/SmartRap%20geared%20extruder%20R.stl

Technician

Do you have the .stl file for where the switch mounts and the lever that presses on it?
    Yes, I am still working on that with an update. I found that when I made the arm longer it also brought some additional movement with it that was not wanted.
    I have re-designed it again with a teflon guide (3mm tube) to stop any sideways movement. Not tested it out yet, but I am sure it will do the trick.
    Let me test first and then I will make the files available.

Yes, I am still working on that with an update. I found that when I made the arm longer it also brought some additional movement with it that was not wanted.
    I have re-designed it again with a teflon guide (3mm tube) to stop any sideways movement. Not tested it out yet, but I am sure it will do the trick.
    Let me test first and then I will make the files available.
    I was wondering about that very thing. I was wondering if making a big fork on the lever where one prong pressed very gently on each side of a block would keep it aligned. I don't know exactly what you have done looks like. So what I'm thinking about might not even make sense. But with a long arm, and slop in the pivot hinge is going to let stuff wiggle at the end. The idea was to not have any wiggle because the prongs would be pressing (very gently) on each side of a block.

Technician
    I was wondering about that very thing. I was wondering if making a big fork on the lever where one prong pressed very gently on each side of a block would keep it aligned. I don't know exactly what you have done looks like. So what I'm thinking about might not even make sense. But with a long arm, and slop in the pivot hinge is going to let stuff wiggle at the end. The idea was to not have any wiggle because the prongs would be pressing (very gently) on each side of a block.
    I have managed to design a part that has no wiggle whatever. Need to test it out next. Time is my biggest problem, I just got back from the city, 3.5 hours drive each way, so the day has gone (just to get a few things like wire and screws) I will have a rest for the rest of the day, can't work when I am too tired.
    Pretty excited about the new build though, so maybe I will get back into it later this evening.

Technician
    Update on progress so far with the SmartRaps. Should be ready soon to test again.

Picture-051.jpg
    Last edited by regpye; 05-06-2014 at 08:17 AM.

Update on progress so far with the SmartRaps. Should be ready soon to test again.

Picture-051.jpg
    Look at all those orphan PrintrBoards needing a good home!!!

Technician
    Look at all those orphan PrintrBoards needing a good home!!!
    Yes I am working on that.
    Update to present design.
    I have completed another machine with the extended lever for auto bed leveling and tested it.
    I am still not satisfied that it is good enough, so I have redesigned again and have printed out the parts already.
    I will make the changes to one of the machines and test again and report back.
    Last edited by Roxy; 05-09-2014 at 07:38 AM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast