Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    We don't have a lot of numbers yet, but .005 is pretty good! You will get very good bed leveling with that number. Do you have a high quality micro switch installed? I don't know this for sure yet, but if you actually installed a Micro-Switch branded micro-switch, you probably get the best numbers you can get.
    I just got a micro switch from ebay like you did. I have been looking at Farnell's they have a range of Honeywell switches and you can select the pressure that you need. I will see if I can find one that is very sensitive and affordable, because the price range goes from less than a dollar to several hundred dollars (go figure??)
    Bed time again. can't stay up as late as I did last night, I really felt it today.

Did you get through a print with the new setup? Any problems?

Technician
    Yes I managed a print no worries. I still have to tune the printer for better settings for the filament feed as I have just guessed at the feed rate for that.
    The printer is working fine.
    I tried lowering the raise before probing and had to put it back up to 10 because it dragged along the bed if I went down to 5. Works well on 10.

Next will be to finish off the new hardware and test the same on that to see if there is any further improvement.
    All the new designs and printing has been done now for two more machines to play with and get the setting right, I am assembling them now.

Picture-058.jpg

Picture-049.jpg

Wow! That looks like it is going to be a nice printer!!! I wish my printer looked that clean!

But what is your Z_PROBE_OFFSET set at? I thought is was under 1mm ? If it is the same as what was in the Configuration.h file when you started this thread it is at .7 mm. It would seem to me you could lower the 10 down to 1 or 2 mm? I wonder if there is some other place in the firmware that is lowering the nozzle after we used the do_blocking_move_relative() to raise it? It might be worth while to watch it carefully after the last probe to see what the nozzle does and maybe we can tweak that too so you can speed up the probing (because you are not raising the nozzle so much) ?

But all that aside.... I'm glad you got it working!

And now... Because we are on opposite sides of the planet... I'm off to sleep. So I won't see any reply for 9 hours (I want to sleep in tomorrow!)
    Last edited by Roxy; 04-30-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Technician
    Printed OK, just need to fine tune because I just guessed the filament flow (close enough for a test)

Technician
    Update on progress so far with the SmartRaps. Should be ready soon to test again.

Picture-051.jpg
    Last edited by regpye; 05-06-2014 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by regpye View Post
    Update on progress so far with the SmartRaps. Should be ready soon to test again.

Picture-051.jpg
    Look at all those orphan PrintrBoards needing a good home!!!

Technician
    Look at all those orphan PrintrBoards needing a good home!!!
    Yes I am working on that.
    Update to present design.
    I have completed another machine with the extended lever for auto bed leveling and tested it.
    I am still not satisfied that it is good enough, so I have redesigned again and have printed out the parts already.
    I will make the changes to one of the machines and test again and report back.
    Last edited by Roxy; 05-09-2014 at 07:38 AM.

I screwed up again. I hit Edit Post instead of reply... And then vBulletin didn't think I should change it back... ARGGHHHH.....

If your configuration.h setting for Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER is not in the range of 0 to -1 mm you are going to have issues! That's just my gut hunch telling me that!

Technician
    I screwed up again. I hit Edit Post instead of reply... And then vBulletin didn't think I should change it back... ARGGHHHH.....

If your configuration.h setting for Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER is not in the range of 0 to -1 mm you are going to have issues! That's just my gut hunch telling me that!
    I am using the second to last hardware change with the same software settings. I have a negative offset and it is working fine.

// these are the offsets to the probe relative to the extruder tip (Hotend - Probe)
    #define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0 //-25
    #define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0 //-29
    #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -4.4//

I have the hardware built for the next version with a modified head bracket that uses even less pressure to trigger the probe. I will wire the machine up over the weekend and test again. All the printers to date I am keeping with their own setup so that I can compare the differences. When I find the best of them all I will modify them all to be the same (just a matter of building a new head for them)

What I have noticed is that the nozzle will not lift before homing when I hit a G28. I have overcome that by adding a lift in the slicing code. Lifts OK between probings.
    Last edited by regpye; 05-09-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast