Close

Hybrid View

Technologist
    I could be talked into it but my nozzle clogged last night so am out of business until then. Brook stated somewhere that repeatability was 0.1 - 0.2mm and this sounds right from what I've seen on the prints I've made so far.

BTW, Brook is a really nice guy and very accessible. I'm sure he would be very interested in your repeatability measurements and may even contribute to the cause. If you don't know the Printrbot story take a look. He did a 25K kickstarter a few years ago that turned into over 800K. He has done nothing but design newer and better printers since then and still sticks to the open source philosophy. It looks like he is selling over 50 of the printrbot metal simples a day now.

Quote Originally Posted by KDog View Post
    I could be talked into it but my nozzle clogged last night so am out of business until then. Brook stated somewhere that repeatability was 0.1 - 0.2mm and this sounds right from what I've seen on the prints I've made so far.
    Your printer doesn't have to be able to print to install and/or run the M48 test. .2mm sounds too high to get reliable prints. If you are getting good results, my guess is you have better repeatability than that.