Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Marm View Post
    Also be aware that some chemicals act as solvents for various materials. So depending what your pump cap was printed in, exposure to the fuel might reduce it to goo.

Ouch. Its starting to seem like most of the parts that you can print, are just going to be interior parts. Which is actually very helpful just by itself. Interior parts are one of the primary types of parts that I'm always needing to replace. Although some of them are quite large, such as door panels. Plenty of them are small though.

Really most of the parts I'd want to print are plastic. When it comes to metal... I don't know. Typically the metal parts can be had so cheaply that there really isn't much need for printing them. In Leno's case of course, he's dealing with a total lack of the ability to ever be able to buy the part.

Its the plastic parts that tend to fail so often. Especially in the interiors. Well, here in Texas anyway. We've got brutal sun and combine that with normal wear and tear, and its hell on some of these interiors over the years. And interior parts get expensive fast.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by bennylava View Post
    Ouch. Its starting to seem like most of the parts that you can print, are just going to be interior parts.
    That is not true. Here watch this awesome video from Teaching Tech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCqwA1h3JV4&t=