Close

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol at the end of the day 99% are ALL chinese brands.
    If not put together in china - then most of the components will be :-)

Wink First-Time Poster Noob Seeks Experienced Lurker with Answers - Which One for Me?

Hi Everyone,First-time poster here, and I have very limited knowledge of 3-D printers - but I've wanted to acquire one for quite some time. I'll list some of the more common needs - and some questions, too, if you don't mind. I will state unequivocally that the people who take the time to respond to guys like me are worth their weight in GOLD. I'm a firefighter/paramedic by trade - and while I'm happy to wake up at 2:00 a.m. to respond to a very sick person - or the mother who just couldn't make it to the hospital and delivers her baby right there in the living room, this time I'm the one who needs help. I am not being one bit cavalier about this. I really do need help, and I'll freely admit I have no idea what I'm getting into, technically-speaking. So, with that, thank you in advance, and now, I'll get started:

THINGS I THINK I NEED IN A 3-D PRINTER:
    1. Heated Bed
    2. Large Bed (Not sure what "large" is, but I heard 7" x 7" x 7"? More?
    3. Auto Bed Calibration
    4. All Metal Hi-Temp Hot End
    5. Dual Independent Heads
    6. Touchscreen and Input for the Machine (so I don't have to tie up a laptop - although I MIGHT have one that might work.) I would still like to download AT the machine, and use its brain-power to get the job done.
    7. Dual Extruders?
    8. Anything Else?
    9. Yep, I Want to Print in METAL, Non-Toxic Plastics, and _____________(?).

THINGS I WANT TO DO WITH 3-D PRINTING:
    1. Print Things for My Own Use - Useful Things
    2. Print Replacement Parts
    3. Print Plastic or Metal Tools
    4. Print Things Like Toothpaste Tube Squeezers, Chip Clips, Perhaps even Home Decor that Doesn't Require High-Quality Finishing.
    5. I WILL NOT BE RESELLING GNOMES, Etc.
    6. Print Things as Yet-to-be-Determined!

WHAT I'M WILLING TO DO:
    1. If I will get an AMAZING machine from my own blood, sweat, and tears, I not only would be willing to build it (assemble) myself - I think it would be fun - as long as the instructions are clear, I have the ability to assemble my own machine. This might actually be the better option, as I most assuredly would derive great pleasure and pride in "building" my own machine - IF IT IS RELIABLE, BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK, AND SOMETHING "BIGGER" (I'm talking conceptually here) THAN an already-built 3-D printer.
    2. HOWEVER, if a turnkey model might be the best option, I'll buy it, open the box, and start printing!

I HAVE NO IDEA WHICH SOFTWARE PLATFORM TO USE (Or, even how to use it.):
    1. HELP!!! Thanks in advance
    2. I'm looking for software that will build high-quality items that is easy to use (or, WILL be "easy" to use - I'm willing to go through a learning curve.)

MY BUDGET IS:
    1. Well, it could go as high as $2,500...maybe even higher. I MIGHT go higher if:
    2. The overall VALUE of money to machine is there.
    3. It's REALLY worth it for me to go higher.
    4 It's necessary - like I need more machine to print in metal..., etc. I AM LOOKING FOR:1. An "online course" that might be able to help me get started, either before - or after - purchasing my machine. The shorter, the better, but if I have to complete it in 10, 15, or 20 hours, I'll be a willing student. It could be a free course, or paid - I'm willing to front money to get it right the first time.

Guys, that's all I can come up with at this time - I have really tried to put my heart and soul into it, so I want to say thank you in advance for getting through my rather long-winded post.

Remember, you guys are GOLD!!!

Best regards,

Maitai
    Last edited by maitai11; 10-07-2018 at 12:15 AM.

Student
    I am thinking to buy HP Jet Fusion 580 Color 3D printer, Its awesome and can printer in multi-color, I have also confirmed from Hp printer Support, it is awesome If you guys also looking for 3D printer Believe me its awesome.

just got an ender 3 based on reviews and youtube vids

I have the same question. I been looking at the Dremel Digilab 3D45. I was wondering if there's something equivalent in the sub 1500 dollar range.

the dremel is a flashforge made machine.
    Essentially it's a tricked out replicator pro.
    So unless you need the camera - then one of these is essentially the same machine for about half the price: qidi x pro
    https://www.amazon.com/QIDI-TECHNOLO...ords=qidi+xpro
    Available from elsewhere if amazon doesn't get stock in - basically the same machine without the camera and propriatary rfid filament reels.

Or one of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LNADH8M...541933968&sr=1
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 11-11-2018 at 05:00 AM.

Hi, do you know about metal 3D printers that doesn't use supports and/or base plates? (So when the process is over, your part has the 'final' geometry, without being attached to anything.) I've only found HP Metal Jet solution so far, have been searching for a while...
    Thanks!

I would like to suggest you MakerBot Replicator+ is the best 3D printer because is a marked upgrade over its predecessor, offering better speed, a larger build area, and workflow solutions for professionals.

current makerbots are massively over priced and not very reliable.

I would like to suggest you Ultimaker 2+ is reliable, accurate, and user-friendlyUltimaker 2+ specifications, printing properties, supported materials, included accessories, and more.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast