Close

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the qidi is still a very good buy.
    But almost the same price range (if you go for the kit) is the prusa i3 mk3 - bang up to date tech wise with some really great features. https://www.prusa3d.com/original-prusa-i3-mk3/

Software limitations - not sure there are any on any non-industrial machine. They all run off gcode, as long as a slicer will generate it (and they all do) it'll work.

Some of the older replicator clones (the qidi is a rep clone - but don't think they still use mightyboards, so probably run off gcode these days) use x3g files. But flashforge's flashprint and simplify3d both happily generate those with no issues.

Whatever you get I would recommend getting simplify3d as well.
    Just makes life easier and puts every possible setting in an easy to use format. Compared to the current version of cura - s3d is much much easier to use.
    There are a whole bunch of cheap, decent smaller volume machines out there if you just want to test the water - so to speak.
    My current recommendation for cheap, small volume printer is the monoprice mini delta: https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_...seq=1&format=2

At $160, it's got all the features of the expensive machines; wifi, removeable flexible build plate, full auto calibration, fast and detailed prints, fully built and tested.
    If they were selling them in the uk - I'd have bought one. But shipping from the states is ridiculous. So I'm currently patiently (well impatiently anyway) waiting for them to come on sale in the uk.

Kit machine wise - well you can go from £99 on up to a couple of thousand.
    Can't really recommend with out a price range.
    But I guess my current, upscale recommendations would be the tevo little monster: https://tevo3dprinterstore.com/produ...3d-printer-kit

I'm a big delta fan. The floating extruder setup tevo has, gives you a very fast large volume machine with all the benefits of a bowden tube style delta, but none of the drawbacks.

I'm also a massive advocate of idex (independant dual extruder) machines.
    The formbot t-rex 2 + http://www.formbot3d.com/formbot-lar...ize_p0018.html
    Has an awful lot going for it as well.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 06-18-2018 at 05:11 AM.

Hi Ben2900,
    How are you? May I help to you. while 3D printers are not particularly cheap, there are several that come with a relatively low price tag. we've located and thoroughly researched the best budget 3D printers on the market so that you don't have to.

our first recommendation is the Monoprice select mini.At a little over $200, this model is an excellent choice for people looking to dip their toes into the world of 3D printing.

It has a 4.7" build area , micro sd slot , and simple intuitive interface, this product offers far more than you might expect. plus, it's low price makes it's an absolute bargain.

To see more 3D printers details please visit our website at :https://www.3dbeginners.com

I am very happy with my affordable Wanhao 5s Duplicator Mini. Still within your budget is the larger version with 24" build height.
    For more plug and play solutions, the Ultimaker 2 with 8"cubed volume or the extended version will be great.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by kylers View Post
    I am very happy with my affordable Wanhao 5s Duplicator Mini. Still within your budget is the larger version with 24" build height.
    For more plug and play solutions, the Ultimaker 2 with 8"cubed volume or the extended version will be great.
    Lol, I'm flattered but please don't copy-paste my posts.

On topic, the most important thing is to have a plan for your 3D printer and decide based on that.

At this moment I would recommend going with a trusted brand that produces printers that have proved to last for years.
    I.e. not several of the Chinese brands but businesses with more reliable development processes (even if components are sourced from China)
    Reason is that my two Wanhao 5s machines have both failed last year in the electronics department.

So..

- The Prusa i3 is awesome, it's a true classic of the 3D printer world and so versatile.

- Ultimaker is a great brand, but IMO they are overpricing the product

- BCN3D Sigma, top-of-the-line choice

- Lulzbot

- Possibly the Creality (Chinese), Flashforge or Monoprice on recommendations of C.A.

Most of all, don't expect it to be a plug-n-play deal, it requires developing some expertise.

I am thinking to buy HP Jet Fusion 580 Color 3D printer, Its awesome and can printer in multi-color, I have also confirmed from Hp printer Support, it is awesome If you guys also looking for 3D printer Believe me its awesome.

Brand new here, and wanting to start slow, but not underbuy either. My budget is under $500. From reading here and other places, I'm gravitating toward the Monoprice Maker Select Plus. A friend has a Flashforge Finder, and our conversation about it is what got me interested. I could not find any specific comparisons/reviews of these two models.

Am I on the right track with either/both? Any reasons not to get either one?

I recommend an excellent 3D printer FlyingBear Shine DLP LSD.
    I use it for half a year, I like everything very much.

Quote Originally Posted by hdmitry View Post
    I recommend an excellent 3D printer FlyingBear Shine DLP LSD.
    I use it for half a year, I like everything very much.
    it seems good..

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the hp is in a slightly different price bracket: Well over $100,000
    On top of that you also need the post processing unit - probably another $50,000

Follow kama On Twitter Add kama on Facebook Add kama on Google+
    why not select Chinese brand? we have some good products

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast