Close

Threaded View

Curious, can you glue and paint the pet-G?

I'll definitely research it - this is the first I've heard of it. I'll research everything you've mentioned, in fact. I knew joining this forum was a smart idea!

As I mentioned, one of the things that appeals to me about the Flashforge dual extruder is the dissolvable supports. That just sounds so wise to me.

As for the biodegradable thing - I really hesitate to use any plastic I know is biodegradable because of my early experiences of using a thermoplastic called Friendly Plastic. When it first came out I used it for freaking everything. They didn't bother to tell you it was biodegradable. It was nearly indestructible at first - after 6 months the plastic began to become brittle - after 2 years the pieces were as brittle as wax. Almost everything I made from it is now destroyed. And hopefully this model is going to sit there in its case for 100 years.

Thanks so much for your feedback and suggestions!

ETA you were right about that Ultimaker price, I got the price wrong. The price I saw was $999 it was the Flashforge i saw for $899.
    Last edited by Jeff B; 04-07-2017 at 03:32 PM.