Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
I saw one of those printers at the Inside 3D Printing show in San Diego, and wrote about it in my blog: http://computersculpture.com/blog#fr...ech2016_anchor

I haven't burned out wax patterns at the same time as resin ones, although I use wax for spruing the resin. I don't see an issue with wax ignition, since the wax will run out and ignite (if it's going to do that) well before the resin starts combusting. If the wax does ignite, it's not a problem; the kiln and molds are impervious to a little flame, in my experience anyway. But the resin needs a longer and hotter burnout cycle than normal wax patterns, as well as the Plasticast investment, so I keep them separate.

Sorry, I don't know who does this in the UK, but over here people that do jewelry casting don't usually call themselves "foundries" - that's reserved for those doing larger castings. Search for "jewellery casting UK" and ask the companies you find that way if they deal with resin models.

Andrew Werby
www.computersculpture.com
Thanks for the help Andrew. We seem to be making some progress on this so you experience is really helpful. It seems we were starting this from a position of miss information from one "foundry", which in retrospect it seems like they just didn't want to do it.