Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well, it would probably make more sense to build a spool handling machine instead. Plus can you imagine how slow a 6 mmu setup would be ? Also a lot to go wrong.

I guess if you had enough space and a large cabinet to put everything in, it might work. But I reckon I could probably change a spool faster than 6 mmus could get filament to the actual hotend :-)

The man to talk to is the guy who builds all the bizarre machines for duet 3d. That guy is an engineering genius.
    He's also proved that the duet board family can handle just about any printer configuration conceivable by man. Plus iof you used a duet board, they'd probably help with all the programming :-)

You'd need to be using amf files and some kind of specially customised slicer.
    Good luck :-)

If you really want to kix things uop - why not go with an idex system, and link mul;ti mmus to each head :-)

Actually I'm surprised you haven't gone down the idex route yet. would seem the natural next step up in the evolution of the Brazillian Huntsman (worlds most venomous spider, and one of the most aggresive).
    Or 'Brian' as I can't help thinking of it ;-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 11-07-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    You'd need to be using amf files and some kind of specially customised slicer.
    I will only play with open source. Custom slicer to me sounds very much like a software that will stop receiving updates at some point. But open source promises I can just go find another software that is properly maintained. Even as businesses and trends rise and fall. We should all be very cautious about setups that run 'custom' firmware or slicers. Typically printers built with this tech resell on ebay for dirt cheap. There is Absolute Beauty and Perfection in Mainstream Open Source. Can it run repetier? Can it run simplify3d? Can it run Prusa Slicer? Can it be run by octoprint/Cura?