Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    some interesting info there - in particular the difference in quality from where it pulls the filament from.
    This is something I've noticed particularly from my replicator clone. which pulls it all the way up and over from the back.
    Causes real problems with flexible filaments. They stretch, which reduces the amount and causes issues.
    It's interesting that the delta with a bowden setup can print flexibles almost as fast as the knp which is a direct drive. It seems that pushing flexible filament down a shortish tube is often better htan pulling it along a long one.

The klic'n'print has a single piece steel shell (beautifully made machine), and I have yet to work out a decent mount attachment to move the spools above the machine. I don't actually want to drill holes in the case lol Plus there's a sort of double skin which would make it difficult to get at the underside of any holes.
    It does need to be done.

lol this is the problem with and industry like 3d printing, as soon as you embrace one good idea another three better ones come along a week later :-)
    What I do find odd with the quadfusion is that they stopped at a 4 colour mixer, while stating that you need to change white for lighter colours, black for darker and transparent for more depth.
    Now if you were to attach a mumu to the 4th spot for the 'key' filament - that could be interesting.
    Also I can't find any indication of slicer software on the website. You go to the software support page for the quadfusion and it's blank.
    Kinda weird, it's got to be coming from somewhere.

13 hours !
    For a simple screen mount !
    Damn, you really do need a faster machine lol
    I don't have that kind of patience - I've been printing base mounts out for my rotary axis for my k40 (had to buy the bearings and rods and grub screws, but printed everything else including the rubber drive belt and gears) - 2 in 1 hour, and that's at 0.2 layer height, which is hi-res for me lol
    You really need a delta :-)
    150mm/s and still bang on spec for the sizes.
    Might not be pretty - but then I don't really care as long as they work ;-)

Actually you need to start thinking about getting a k40 - it's a tinkerer's dream ! As well as being an industrially capable machine. Once you start cutting acrylic sheet, there's no way back. It's like the first practical thing you design and 3d print - at that point you've fallen down the rabbit hole :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 11-12-2019 at 05:29 AM.