Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    have to admit i was pretty impressed with the first lizard.
    The second one looks even better.

As far as the idex slaicer setup goes - I'd have started with a profile from an existing i3 idex machine.
    You should be able to just get them from the manufacturers websites.
    I'd start with the Tenlog machines.
    Very similiar spec to yours - well you know without the platimum bolts and gold plated linear rails ;-)

But, Nice one !

Self built IDEX is on another level !

So (snigger snigger) how about a corexy idex belt printer......
    I'll let you think on that one while you're working out how to make an idex delta (or is that too cruel lol)

But, yep - well impressed !

the trick now is to see if you can get it to run without the wipe towers - that's my biggest issue with conventional dual extrusion.
    Takes 3 times as long and uses twice as much filament.
    It's why i just haven't bothered with it over the years -despite always having at least one dual extruder machine on the desk.

On an entirely different tact: a 'Honda' is either the spanish or catalan word for 'sling'. The other spanish or catalan word is 'Foner'. Foner is both sling and slinger. wheras Honda is sling and hondero is a slinger. m
    The problem is that on the balearic islands they speak both spanish and catalan and even my Austrian linguist mate who speaks at least 5 languages, says he struggles with the catalan.

The disc slings are made from tpu - my favourite filament. the e-da stuff I've been using recently is seriously good.
    Did an extensive field test last week. And while i had some slings with a vertical channel the width of the discs I was using - the geneeral purpose pyramid version actually worked better !

The tpu is fantastic stuff as it can be really floppy and fairly rigid in the same print.
    Printed with two 0.25mm layers the 0.5mm thick strip is totally floppy and unbreakable by humans.
    go up to 2mm thick and it's fairly stiff.
    The pyramids are all hollow, but because of the design, really rigid.

Now obviously with an idex setup you could mix tpu with pla or pet-g for the ultimate in living and built in hinges.
    Tpu is just really cool stuff.
    I mean it's not fast.
    My standard printing setup on saffy is: 0.25 layer height, 30mm/s speed, 235c temp - and 100% speed on everything. That's one redeeming factor, when you find the right speed and layer height, you can run everything at full speed.
    And the bed is unheated.
    I've never found anything it doesn't stick to and never needed to ever heat a build surface :-)

It's just fun stuff to play with and the slinging applications are pretty cool as well.

What do you design all your bits in ? is that fusion 360 ?
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-08-2021 at 07:52 AM.