So the first prints with the IDEX aren't that great. They should be. They would be if I was using a better slicer I feel. I tell Cura to wipe the nozzle on the prime tower and the unused nozzle, too. But when the nozzles switch 2 things happen. The Z lifts. And the incoming nozzle goes to where the other nozzle left first. And then it goes over to the prime tower to wipe. And because of the Z lift that i can not find a way to get rid of ATM even building a shell around the object doesn't help wipe what dripped while the nozzle idled. And this is what I get..

It's not bad and I am happy with it. I also printed the 3 color lizard with the same results..

What matters is it gets through a print. Both smart filament sensors work correctly with the right extruder. All the fans are doing the right thing. Except for the part cooling fan. Again with the slicer. I am used to the fan coming on and turning off at times but with Cura now the fan comes on 100% at the start of layer 2 and just stays on forever. But I got most everything on the printer and firmware side down. The Dual Z auto align is a hit. Had no troubles at all and it even tells me how far off the 2 sides are from each other. I have the distances / offsets of the 2 extruders dialed in pretty well also..

So we definitely need to figure out a better slicer option or at least find a more capable mind to set up cura for this effort. I am also going to build a physical nozzle wiper and mount it just before where each carriage parks and hang it from the gantry so both nozzles will be wiped every time they come out of the park position. I have ordered a silicone mat to cut up and use for the wiper. I already made one before when I had the MMU2S setup. I only need a small piece and i can make 2. One for each side. Here is a picture of the one I made. This picture came from page 26 of this thread..

The new mat should be here in a few days and I will get back to funnin' around with the dual color printing then. In the meantime it looks like I am all set to finally get back to trying to print out them huge 220mm tall legs for the TronXY build..