Close

Hybrid View

I have a white light scan of two components from a local Tool and Die shop.
    This created STL files.
    I need to make them into a parasolid or a solid model that I can tweak in CAD.
    We used gage pins in all of the holes so we could pick up good locations after the scan.
    These pins need to be removed from the STL file completely so I can have the parts 3D printed.
    Then I need the solid model to create all of the holes so they can be machined on a CNC mill.
    Is this possible

Quote Originally Posted by HTEC1 View Post
    I have a white light scan of two components from a local Tool and Die shop.
    This created STL files.
    I need to make them into a parasolid or a solid model that I can tweak in CAD.
    We used gage pins in all of the holes so we could pick up good locations after the scan.
    These pins need to be removed from the STL file completely so I can have the parts 3D printed.
    Then I need the solid model to create all of the holes so they can be machined on a CNC mill.
    Is this possible
    What you're asking about is called Reverse Engineering. Process of taking scan data and building up a solid cad model from it. I personally use Geomagic Design X software for that purpose and then build the models up in Solidworks. This is a service, there is no automated solution for what you're asking.

Reach out if you'd like to chat about it.