Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I know I was thinking about using a pi for this effort but I have since decided to use controllers that natively support wifi. First up for this modification is the GEEETech i3 printer. This machine has been a workhorse for me..

I have already put some upgrades on this machine. This 12864 screen was an upgrade..

And now it has to go in exchange for this knob - less and color touchscreen..

When I first built this printer I was excited to get this together and discover the world of 3d printing. And as such when I got to connecting everything to the gt2560 control board I was admittedly a bit sloppy..

Here is the gt2560 controller. This is a fine controller. It just doesn't support wifi. So it has to go..

And I am building this back with an MKS base 1.5 board. I like how the stepper drivers are integrated..

I know it might seem strange that I like or even want to play with integrated drivers with a fixed amount of microstepping. And these are only 1/16 microstepping. So I have to chase down resolution with stepper motors. I got a pair of 400 steps per revolution or 0.9 degree per step motors. They will install on the x and y axes..

And here is the controller all wired in and a little cleaner wiring job this time..

Here we are all back together..

And here is the MKS wifi module that connects to the back of the MKS tft32 touchscreen..

Last edited by AutoWiz; 04-08-2017 at 11:44 PM.