Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
I do still have some fine tuning ahead of me here. The first layer was kinda sketchy because of height and proximity sensor adjustment among other things but that is for a different thread. Now that this machine is back together and printing ok I need to get the wifi connected and print something wirelessly.
Raspberry Pi. A PiCam or a cheap Logitech USB WebCam. And OctoPi. Its all you need.

Technically you don't need the cams. But its nice to SEE the printer. From anywhere. It streams it live. It also can produce a timelapse video for you of the print. So, if anything goes wrong during the print, you can see when and how.

And you can install samba. With that, you can share a "watched" folder and the timelapse folder. You can then slice and save the Gcode direct to the watched folder (no http upload needed). It will appear in the file list in OctoPi and you can print right then.

You can also intall cura engine into OctoPi and it will even slice it for you. But I don't use that feature as I use Simplify3D and save the slice to the network share on the OctoPi.

Using this setup, I can monitor my prints right from a standard browser on my phone or use PiP on the Xbox or on my Kodi box.