Close

Hybrid View

Student
    Hi Rudschul - I assume the layers are solid and because the sintering melts the powder into a smaller volume there is not enough powder in the next layer to fill that volume. I think you are right in thinking you need to increase the lift of the reservoir. I don't know how quickly the Sintratec software development is but it should be relatively easy to equate the lift with the area being sintered, shouldn't it?

I am surprised you are not experiencing warping with that area of solid infill. I am still getting some warping in the front left corner of my build area and I try not to use that part until I find a solution to the uneven heating.

Edit: Just a thought - can you not tilt it at a very small angle, just enough so it does not print the whole surface at any time?
    Last edited by Mike Francies; 01-18-2017 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Francies View Post
    Hi Rudschul - I assume the layers are solid and because the sintering melts the powder into a smaller volume there is not enough powder in the next layer to fill that volume. I think you are right in thinking you need to increase the lift of the reservoir. I don't know how quickly the Sintratec software development is but it should be relatively easy to equate the lift with the area being sintered, shouldn't it?
    Yes, you are completly right. You are able to see, that you will need more and more powder. As Sintratec told me i am able to see that sintered area is brighter than the not sintered area after a new prepared layer. As brighter you are able to see these areas as more energy was stored. In conclusion the powder ist not sintered anymore it is melting :-) For me that very good :-) But you will need more powder but it is more stable.

I am surprised you are not experiencing warping with that area of solid infill. I am still getting some warping in the front left corner of my build area and I try not to use that part until I find a solution to the uneven heating.
    My warping zone is front right. This regeon is a little bit colder with my printer. I was playing with laser speed and surfage temperatur.

Edit: Just a thought - can you not tilt it at a very small angle, just enough so it does not print the whole surface at any time?
    No that is no solution. When i am thinking about the kit i ask Sintratek about the max printing size. They told my that 11*11*11 might be possible. A lot of my parts i want to print are abotut this dimension. So i have first to fix this problem to go further on.
    For me it is very importend to know what dimension i am able to print with no problems.