Quote Originally Posted by pochrist View Post
I'm no stranger to upgrading firmware, but I'm going to have print out bushings to move the motor mounts further out from the frame as well to so the shaft and coupler will clear the Y axis bar its so tight now i can't even put a zip tie on it without the rod spinning the plastic sleeve and hitting the bar. For now I'll just order the M5 shaft & coupler and use the existing threaded rods, I'll just have to make a modified the Z-nut trap to accommodate for the offsetting of the motors.

Thanks, is there a resource you used to do your upgrade (ie like a guide with a kink to the required firmware? I would like to do it in the future.
I cannot think of a specific guide, you just have to learn about the Marlin Firmware. Essentially the Marlin firmware that is run on your printer is a few text documents with settings that you can modify. Take a look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gwWVFtdg-4&t=368s

Using my knowledge of the firmware and the mechanical system, I had to change the Steps/MM of the Z axis to 400, compared to 4000 on the default setup.