Jeff. I looked at the folgertech quite a bit before buying the Tevo Black Widow. The FT-5 design looks good but there are some things you will have to replace to get a good stable printer. The corner braces are all wood and will not hold up. They are also easy to damage if you are not used to assembling things.

The heatbed is under powered quite a bit. Large heatbeds are an issue right now. Either you under power the heat bed (ie: the heatbed itself is not powerful enough) and your mainboard is OK, or you provide a heatbed of sufficient power (400+ watts) and you then have to find an alternate way to power the heatbed because the mainboard will fry when your heater powers up.

My Tevo Black Widow has a sufficiently powerful heatbed, but it tends to fry a mosfet for the heater circuit on the mainboard. The work around is to use the heater circuit on the main board to either control a more powerful external mosfet board or a relay to turn power to the heatbed on and off.

Even at 500 watts, but PSU is barely strong enough to power the machine and they regularly have customers with blown input thermistors. A printer with a bed that size really needs a 550 to 600 watt supply to not put strain on the PSU components.

That Makerfarm recommends a 350w supply suggests to me that their heatbed is under-powered as well. You probably won't be able to heat up the to 100C+ that a number of materials need.

I'm a 3D printer noob, so look at my comments with that in mind, but I have done a lot of reading on this particular topic.