Close

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NoctumSolis View Post
    I think it'd be nice to give the first release version a name. Peachy Printer Prometheus sounds good to me.
    I can't get behind that. I played too much Earthsiege as a child.

hm... i hate these names... but this is only my personal opinion...
    If two customers compare their versions and one has PeachyPrinterPeanutbutter and the other PeachyPrinterPancake no one knows what's the higher version. How much versions are between these two and so on...i think these names make it more difficult...
    but, like i said, it's my personal view on this...

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Synchron View Post
    hm... i hate these names... but this is only my personal opinion...
    If two customers compare their versions and one has PeachyPrinterPeanutbutter and the other PeachyPrinterPancake no one knows what's the higher version. How much versions are between these two and so on...i think these names make it more difficult...
    but, like i said, it's my personal view on this...
    I agree..... the simplest approach is to use six digits (the release date for that model) e.g. 130814. This would be the model released on 13/8/14

Staff Engineer
    Synchron, I agree. Trying to find a graphics card for instance is an exercise in frustration because of illogical numbering schemes...

But Mike, you've gone too far (if you're even being serious, which I'm not sure).

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    But you cant call it PP[number]

When you say it out loud it sounds like you're cataloguing urine samples!

Why not just use the Zulu alphabet (alpha, bravo, Charlie, delta, ect...) twenty six versions down the road we can start thinking of something else just remember KISS it sucks having to look up your version because of some off the wall version name (I'm talking to you Android)

Android / Ubuntu and some more do exacly this. The starting Letter of the version name is the next letter in the alphabet. ("Ice creme sandwich" is the Version before "Jelly bean")
    but...first of all...no one understands this, second...i dont like it....

To be perfectly honest, I actually prefer numbers. If you really want to distinguish release from development, just add a couple of prefix columns. 10xx 11xx etc.

The name thing was not meant seriously.

Hi all.. No prints available from any of the beta testers yet ?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you do get the feeling that by the time they've changed every single piece of the original model, upgraded the laser, changed the dripfeed and laser movement setup and essentially built an entirely different machine - they just 'might' be able to print something simple.

I really liked the initial idea - but no matter how clever something is - if it doesn't work and isn't practical. What's the point ?

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast