Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    What's CURA?????

Technician
    CURA is a slicer/tool path generator, it generates GCode from your 3D model which is the vector instructions for laying down a bead in layers to create your object. See instructions.peachyprinter.com step 20.

I have confirmed that my 2 missing sides are from CURA and not from the peachy tool chain (although first inspection says the top repetition is a peachy issue). It would seem with a wall size on the object of 0.5mm and a bead size set to 0.5mm then the CURA software will map the bottom and right side but not the top and left sides!

It'll probably be a few days before I get more prints on here, I'm doing some work on the audio generation which will hopefully get rid of some of the artifacts on my rook model that shouldn't be there, although, I might run through a couple of simpler models which only have 1 contour per layer, like a square or circular column....these, like the two walls of my original cube should come out perfectly.
    Last edited by Pete; 05-18-2014 at 03:48 AM.

Have you tested using the layer viewing on the top right in Cura, to check the silced part?

Johan