I am thinking about getting into 3d printing, possibly using it as a way to express my creativity and merge that into business to sell the things i create for profit. this seems to be a good way to do so. my wife suggested to get an inexpensive printer to get familiar with the machine and all its details and see if i can actually make this work before dropping 2500 or more into a void that cant make a return. i found this printer (supposedly $100) and was wondering if it would make a good intro printer for me to get into the field?

i am a bit of a techie, so while im not exactly a programmer or hacker, i know my way around a computer more than most, and while i have little experience in actual graphic design, i have used cad programs before, so the concept is not foreign to me.

i guess what i am looking for out of this intro machine are as such:
cheap to buy: i dont want to spend more than a few hundred bucks on something that may not end up being something i can do
cheap to run: this is more important for the 2nd machine i buy, the one i will actually use to try to make a profit, but the cost of each individual printing needs to be low so as to keep competitive pricing
good training machine: there needs to be enough about this machine that is similar to the type of machine i will likely be getting for my craft that i can actually learn about it from this (ie the method it uses to print, the software used, etc)

i would love some feedback/suggestions on whether this is a good place to start, or if there is a better machine to get me into the field.

i hope i dont sound like a dopy noob, but i tried to do some research on different machines and got completely overwhelmed. i just need to dumb it down a bit and see what all the smart people say lol