Close

Hybrid View

Technologist
    Nice list!
    I would add to essential mods moving the X-Axis wiring loom, as it is a major failure point on these machines. It bends over just a few inches and will fail after a few hundred hours. Let it hang down, or as you have done, put it in a cable guard flexing from the base of the machine.

I personally use Buildtak and find that all common filaments adhere well to it, including ABS, PLA, Ninja etc. I agree with replacing the heated bed thermister, but my extruder units were OK, being just a few degrees out at operating temps.

Pulling the belts too tight can add too much friction to the system and actually make things worse, as the motors take a moment to overcome the inertia and this causes accuracy issues. Nylon drive cogs and a reasonably tight set of belts is fine. Just make sure you get the tension on both Y Axis set ups the same. This is the main cause of problems, with one side moving slightly before the other.

I have also added LED lighting and a 2nd spool holder, along with lengths of tubing and positioners, a new mount for the top of the extruders to reduce cable stress and a sprung extruder setup for bother extruders. I found I did not require an adjustable system with any of the filaments tried so far.

Side and top covers will also help with temp consistency and help to prevent warping.
    Last edited by noiseboy72; 12-25-2016 at 03:16 PM.