Gotta say I'm pretty pi$$ed off at the moment with this printer. Had the ACME rod mounts printed commercially and installed them. First off, the alignment sucks, had the steppers binding up near the bottom really bad. After we messed around with spacing the stepper mounts it is better but not reliable long term solution. Loaded the new firmware and went to level the bed, but it appears the manual option is gone, as it appeared to go through an auto operation. But we don't have the damn sensor mounted because WE CAN'T PRINT and didn't expect to have to send even more parts to the commercial printer!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't find the ACME rod guides to have zero backlash, hope gravity is one our side.

New firmware has "Z offset = -1.6" as the first option in Prepare or Control (can't remember which), which I assume is related to what UB was telling me. Is this a correct starting value?

Note to new owners: don't bother with the Upgrade kit. You can buy the ACME rod parts for cheap and you'll be designing your own mounts anyway. Acrylic sides are easy to make. ABL is $10.