Close

Hybrid View

Student
    Hi rudschul,

I have some sympathy with you. I have an open ticket that has not yet been resolved. It is to do with accuracy and the printing area. I printed two, identical parts yet one comes out a full 1mm smaller than the other. Both parts should be 39mm diameter. I am also having some issues with the X and Y axis dimension stability. It looks like the further from the centre I print, the smaller the parts are. Do you have the same problem?

I now am able to print over a much larger area than before as I was finally able to adjust the front lamp shroud properly. I did it by disconnecting the left and right lamps so I could easily see the shadow. However, I have to raise the powder temperature to 174.8C and lower the print speed to 550 mm/s. Even at these settings I cannot print within 30mm of the left side. At this distance the laser seems very dim and does not sinter the powder sufficiently.

I do not understand why you don't have access to the 'ticket' system any more. Have you tried emailing Dominik, one of the founder members? His email is dominik.solenicki@sintratec.com I get frustrated with the 'ticket' system because you don't always get a quick answer and it can be days before you get a reply.

What error codes are you seeing? I always get two error messages when I close the program after loading a print file. I don't get any others at the moment. I opened a 'ticket' on this back in November but not had a reply yet and the ticket was closed.

Hi Mike,
    the reason why i do not have any support any more is very simple.
    1. I bought the printer second hand and they will not give any support for these people. This was a new decision of the founder of Sintratec.
    2. I had o lot of questions and remarks. As i wrote in my first post there went of lot of things wrong. But now they want to see cash for every answer. That they have explained very clearly. My visit at Switzerland was the last action they do without cash. In general they told my that it was not really my fault for the problems i had, but they want only support till the first stable print. Before i made the software update i was able to print. But the software was nearly useless, because you are only able to print one object.
    3. Most problems i had was software bugs or elemental design issues. I do not really understand the behavior of the company. They need us early adopter but they will not discuss with us. (No official Forum, No official communication platform) It seems that they do not want that user share there knowledge. They want to sell their knowledge. But this is in my opinion not a good choice.

The error code you found at the printing tab. Sometimes there is a grey link. (e.g. end stopper was hit than you see a number)

To the printing area: Yes i have similar issue with a dim laser. I have this problem at each corner. I think it is a laser calibration problem. When you check the calibration pattern you see the dim laser while moving the laser position. I have not found the best position of my laser, but a use able position. A sqare of 10,8 i could print, but i have to move it to left (0,5) from the center. Bigger squares get bad corners.

Your scaling problem with identical parts i have not seen yet. I will check next print in future.