Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I can recommend genuine e-sun pla and pet-g.
    But even they are prone to people selling other stuff claiming to be esun.

My good pla is still reprapper tech from 3dfilaprint.com

But I've got nothing but good to say about e-sun filament. I wouldn't call it premium as it does have minor shrinkage compared to reprapper pla and colorfabb pet-g. But it's damn near half the price and the esun whirte pla is probably my favourite white pla yet.

It seems like there is a drought of PLA on Amazon right now... especially Hatchbox. Ive been waiting for weeks with no luck. Even New Egg has limited colors. I tried some Sainsmart red and didnt have very good luck with it. Any suggestions?

Student
    We have ABS and PLA Filaments for 3D Printers at Infinity 3D Printing in Australia. We provide free shipping in Australia and New Zealand.

I heard its you can buy cheaper filament on amazon i mean its a good start to buy it there

You mean you are going to start posting affiliate links here...

hell as long as that's not all he's doing, why not. At the end of the day, this post is about where to buy filament.
    And on that note :-)

I've currently got a new supplier: www.3dexfilament.com
    Uk based, decent prices and up to 6-7 rolls on the one postage charge.
    The stuff that arrived today is Y&S filament - which I've been looking for, for a couple years, ever since they were giving out mini-spools at tct 2015, I think. Unusually for samples, I've actually used it all up, which says a lot.
    Great stuff, but this is the first time I've actually been able to find someone selling it over here :-)

3dexfilament.com also does metallic filaments that use metal as a colourant - it really does look like metal. you get a real shine and glint in sunlight.

Indoors

In the sun, might be a bit bright for the camera on my tablet - but it really catches the light :-)

The copper in particular does look exactly like a roll of thick copper wire !
    The other one is aluminium. Or Alu-mi-num if you happen to be american ;-)

CA, how do those compare to ColorFabb BronzeFill, or BrassFill, or AluFill? Are they polishable? Do they have the metallic weight and oxidation effects or is it more just a color effect only?

Quote Originally Posted by BoozeKashi View Post
    CA, how do those compare to ColorFabb BronzeFill, or BrassFill, or AluFill? Are they polishable? Do they have the metallic weight and oxidation effects or is it more just a color effect only?
    Totally different animal. These are essentially pla coloured with metal powder. I believe it' 30% metal and 70% pla
    So if you want a strong print that looks like metal - get the stuff from http://www.3dexfilament.com/

The colorfabb stuff is completely different and is essentially metal powder loosely glued together with a little pla.
    80% metal and 20% pla I think.

If you want a really weak print that needs an awful lot of post processing to look matallic - but does have weight and oxidation effects - then get the colorfabb. Just bear in mind it's completely useless for any kind of structural print thats going to have ANY stress put on it.
    It does make very cool figures and statues. But, oh man it takes an awful lot of sanding and polishing.
    I actually like the bronzefill au natural - without polishing. As it has a rough, almost ceramic appearance and texture.
    Haven't bothered with any of the other colorfabb metal filaments.

Check out our site we have information for filametns and 3d printers see our site here

I buy PushPlastic since it's the most inexpensive Nature Works PLA I can find.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast