Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    No Problem!!!

It looks from the printout later that everything is good... But if you attach your current Merlin_Main.cpp I'll do a quick DIFF and make sure that #endif was safe to take out.

Adding a 't' or 'T' to the G29 is helpful because you can see how flat the bed is from the Bed Height Topology map. Ideally, you should have a '0' after each decimal point. Like +0.0xxx or -0.0xxx The last line isn't supposed to be positive. I bet you are thinking about previous discussions where people's Z-Axis was going the wrong direction. The DIAGONAL of the matrix should be POSITIVE!!!!!
    Yes now you've said it you're right I am thinking about the delta being positive (my maths is bad anyway so I get confused easily), I will add in a T to the G29. I am still having problems with it though, tried a print and the nozzle still just air prints. The z axis move to show its using the bed level matrix but because its so far from the bed I cant tell if its following it properly. Sorry I know this is the wrong thread for this problem so I will make a new post there with any files you want? Thank you, feel so close now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy;
    Those are super good numbers!!! Trike is the only one with better numbers so far. You might want to use the 'L' parameter to stress the X & Y axis a little also and see if there is much additional extra slop there. Like M48 L 7 but my guess is your machine is very tight and crisp! I wish mine could do those numbers!
    Thanks I was surprised how good they were actually and I know there is play in the probe as its only a thrown together prototype(cant print my new one until I sort out the bed levelling)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Roxy; 06-28-2014 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Fix botched Quote

Your code is 'safe'. But you are missing both the #ifdef and #endif in the following code snippet. Everything is fine except this code won't disappear like it should if you ever turn the Auto_Bed_Leveling off. Go ahead and post in the previous thread and we can start working on getting the Z-Axis height right. Does your Z-Probe really fire .8mm below the nozzle?

#ifdef ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING // <---<<< Missing
    case 48: // M48 Z-Probe repeatability
    {
    #if Z_MIN_PIN == -1
    #error "You must have a Z_MIN endstop in order to enable calculation of Z-Probe repeatability."
    #endif

double sum=0.0;
    Sigma_Exit:
    break;
    }
    #endif // ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING // <---<<< Missing

ahh I wondered if adding #ifdef ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING at the beginning would help but wasnt really sure if that was missing for some reason or if the #endif somehow got pasted into the end, i'll add both of those back in now. No my probe offset is x 13 y 0 z -7.4 but it shows endstop hit between -0.4 and -0.8

Quote Originally Posted by brainscan View Post
    ahh I wondered if adding #ifdef ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING at the beginning would help but wasnt really sure if that was missing for some reason or if the #endif somehow got pasted into the end, i'll add both of those back in now. No my probe offset is x 13 y 0 z -7.4 but it shows endstop hit between -0.4 and -0.8
    OK... This isn't going to be that hard to figure out! (Famous last words!!!!) Because the Z number should be very close to your Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER

And yours is 1/10 of it...

1 of 10 z: -0.791797 mean: -0.791797 sigma: 0.000000