Close

Hybrid View

Student
    Add htaxil on Thingiverse
    Hi Roxy,

It's with great interest that I readed this thread of discuss, and I thank you for the great job and the support you provide.

I constructed a Delta printer with a probe for the Bed Auto Leveling incorporated into the effector, so that the HotEnd's nozzle is the probe. I would be interested in your M48 function, but from what I've read, your code was integrated into the Marlin firmware, but no longer works well since the great upheaval this summer ...

My questions :
    - Does the Z_MIN_PROBE_REPEATABILITY_TEST function has to do with your M48 function? If so, how can we setup number of measuring ... ?
    - I also read that the M48 function was not available for the Delta because of the gap between the probe and the nozzle could generate impossible calculations (sqtr(zero)). Since in my case the nozzle is the probe, could i override and how?
    - last question: G29 function seems to work fine, however the recorded data do not seem to be taken into account when printing. I saw that I was not alone having this problem, but I did not see any solution except to upgrade to Marlin RC3 version ... but I'm already in the RC3 version ... An idea?

Best regards,
    Hubert

Quote Originally Posted by htaxil View Post
    Hi Roxy,

My questions :
    - Does the Z_MIN_PROBE_REPEATABILITY_TEST function has to do with your M48 function? If so, how can we setup number of measuring ... ?
    - I also read that the M48 function was not available for the Delta because of the gap between the probe and the nozzle could generate impossible calculations (sqtr(zero)). Since in my case the nozzle is the probe, could i override and how?
    - last question: G29 function seems to work fine, however the recorded data do not seem to be taken into account when printing. I saw that I was not alone having this problem, but I did not see any solution except to upgrade to Marlin RC3 version ... but I'm already in the RC3 version ... An idea?
    1) Yes. That controls the ability to do M48 and test how repeatable the Z-Probe is. But the Release Candidates do not support M48 for Deltas.

2) Yes. I did not have a Delta when I wrote the M48 code. I didn't know they use different routines to move the effector. The sqrt() of a negative number is related to trying to move the nozzle off the bed so you can probe the maximum area. Don't worry about that right now.

3) The M48 code is working for Delta's now. But you have to go to the MarlinDev side of the fence and bring up WackerBarth's new development environment. (That is what we expect the Marlin Development Team will be switching too.) You can find it here: https://github.com/Wackerbarth/MarlinDev/tree/Dec26 Look at the Wiki for the complete directions how to get the environment set up. This branch has a lot of Delta stuff fixed. But we are trying to get the Release Candidate to the state it needs to be without adding any thing that doesn't have to be in it.
    Last edited by Roxy; 01-06-2016 at 11:43 AM.