Close

Hybrid View

Ok, I substituted the code you provided in the last post with the commented out code for all of M48. It compiled and ran (I just issued an M48 with no arguments right after a G28), but it immediately tries to go off the printer radius without descending (the front two of the three delta steppers move, but not the rear one - for a delta to descend, all three motors must move together.) In the monitor log, it printed
    "M48 Z-Probe Repeatablility test Version 1.85
    Starting Probe: 434.0500, Ending Probe"

I will have to look at the code closer to see if there is a translation somewhere in it or what it calls to do the transform of regular cartesian to delta coordinates, but that 434.05 number looks wrong to me. Right after a G28, the nozzle on my machine is about 192mm above the bed (Z = 192), so I'll have to look to see where the 434 number is coming from.

G28 and M119 all look good, and I can print perfectly with the machine all day long.

Perhaps I a bit confused as to the input arguments. Here are what I believe to be the relavant setting in Configuration.h:

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0
    #define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -19
    #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 23 //-18.48 // Increase this if the first layer is too thin (remember: it's a negative number so increase means closer to zero).

#define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING 20.0 // (in mm) Raise Z before homing (G28) for Probe Clearance.
    // Be sure you have this distance over your Z_MAX_POS in case
    #define XY_TRAVEL_SPEED 1000 // X and Y axis travel speed between probes, in mm/min
    #define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_PROBING 7.0 //How much the extruder will be raised before traveling to the first probing point.

#define Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS 7.0 //How much the extruder will be raised when traveling from between next probing points

Some of these might be for G29 or G30 as well.

About my probe - its just a snap on microswitch that has the switch arm contact point directly in front of the nozzle (x offset = 0) and a bit to the right (y offset = 19mm) and the switch arm hangs down a bit. I've measured that the switch toggles right at a height of 18.48mm above the position when the nozzle itself is at zero. However, there is about 5mm of distance between where the switch arm just contacts the surface and the switch triggers, so I made the height offset to be 23. (I saw in the code where it should try to go Z-10mm during the probe.)

Are these settings correct?

The comment in the code, "// Be sure you have this distance over your Z_MAX_POS in case" is rather vague and poor english so I am not really sure what is meant by it.
    Last edited by revwarguy; 05-14-2015 at 11:09 AM.