Close

Hybrid View

Student
    Add augustolfp on Facebook
    I get the point. I agree with you that the i3 is the rational choice.

When you say I shouldn't need anything else, you say that the upgrades doesn't make a big difference? If you were to do an upgrade in the prusa kit, what would you do?

And about the Delta...In the case that I end up buying it, do you think the ramps board will be a problem? I read somewhere that arduino based controllers have a hard time to do Delta's calculation stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by augustolfp View Post
    I get the point. I agree with you that the i3 is the rational choice.

When you say I shouldn't need anything else, you say that the upgrades doesn't make a big difference? If you were to do an upgrade in the prusa kit, what would you do?
    The whole thing about RepRap's is they can be used to modify themselves. The filament roller (if you can call it that) on the FT-i3-2020 is totally lame. So... With an extra 8" of 2020 aluminum you put the arm straight above the bed. You add a piece that goes straight up and then put the standard arm at 90 degrees off of that. And then you print out the filament rollers I attached above and order a package of 10x 608Z bearings off of eBay for $2.58 ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/10Pcs-8-x-22...MAAOSwQTVV88qx ) And at that point, your filament will unroll very easily.

Those kind of upgrades are fun to do and you learn about everything doing them. Between the Z-Probe .stl I attached up above and the filament rollers, you won't need any upgrades. The printer will do what ever you want at that point. As you can guess... I'm not opposed to modifying my printer. I do it just for the fun of doing it. The only other modification I've done to my FT-i3-2020 is I've added a little switch panel in the front corner so I can turn power on and off and have a reset button handy if the printed does something crazy (during software development). You probably don't care about that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by augustolfp View Post
    And about the Delta...In the case that I end up buying it, do you think the ramps board will be a problem? I read somewhere that arduino based controllers have a hard time to do Delta's calculation stuff...
    If you do get a Delta... DO NOT GET A GRAPHICS LCD CONTROLLER! You will have problems if you do that. With a 20x4 LCD, the Delta's work OK. They are right on the edge of not having enough processing power. But they work. You will have all kinds of calibration issues. I can promise you that. If you are only going to print small things in the center of the bed, don't sweat the calibration issues. But if you want to use the full print envelope, you really might not want a Delta as your first printer.