Hey,

I'm still just finishing setting up my Makerfarm Prusa 8" i3v, but I'm already thinking of some future upgrades. Have any of you done (or considered) any of these?

• Extending Y Bed - Would require longer Y rails, a new bed base, a bigger heat bed (and therefore...), a heat bed relay, extension for the end stop cable, extension for the heat bed cable, longer timing belt.
  • Extending X Carriage - Would require longer X rails, a new or modified Prusa frame (cut and extend top, back, and front bottom), a new bed base, a bigger (wider) heat bed (and therefore...), a heat bed relay.
  • Extending Z Height - Would require longer Z rails, longer threaded Z motor rods, modification to top and top front of Prusa frame.
  • Adding an Extruder - New X carriage assembly, new extruder, new wires, new stepper, new hot end (and associated items), POSSIBLY upgraded Z motors to handle additional weight.
  • Enclousre - This topic is already well-covered in gMay3's post here: http://3dprintboard.com/forumdisplay...akerFarm-Forum (and a few others).

Any other upgrades folks are considering, other than swapping out hot ends?

- Sean