Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Braces? For teeth? Haha, I am sure you mean for something else, but what I am not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuvin View Post
    Braces? For teeth? Haha, I am sure you mean for something else, but what I am not sure.
    no, you were right with the first guess... not for me though, for some family members who can't afford 5k for dental visits to do the braces.

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuvin View Post
    He's really onto something. Dental x-rays are really set up well for making a 3D model, the Peachy seems perfectly suited to print the plastic "progressive style" braces that are pretty much standard today. As long as a food-grade plastic becomes available it could be a great application of it. But amirjabri has made his own thread on that.

Engineer-in-Training
    Adsolutely true, I hasn't thought about the clear style braces. That is an awesomely cool idea!

Chayat - I checked out your link and thought it was really cool, I am also very interested in this exact process so we will have notes to compare!

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    Will need to wait until October to compare, I'm literally oozing with peachy-want until then!