I participated - good survey.

The Mechanics of Materials group at Eindhoven University is starting a PhD on food printing as well.
It would be good to connect and align visions. https://www.tue.nl/en/university/dep...-of-materials/

My idea would be that, because even in very specific aspects of food printing a lot of research will be needed, it would be good to start with the technology that will have the most chance for positive impact and adoption. That is why I mentioned bread - there are enormous differences in quality, it is an extremely specific process and just the right balance throughout the entire process can create a bread that will win customers. Translating it to a digital process will take many years before it's done well. There is a documentary where a French top chef does a cook-off with a scientific crew that uses digitally controlled processes - it was clear they were working from two ends of a spectrum and where they will meet there are lots of new opportunities. I see future food 3D printers more like very specialized robotic chef assistants, that can not only extrude but do multiple operations including pre- and post-processing and finishing of the foods. Aiming for very specific purposes will help to bring them to market earlier.
Keep posting results so we can keep up the discussion!