Quote Originally Posted by PyramidDave View Post
I should have mentioned I did order a heat sink also. That has not arrived yet.

I tried the hair spray & used that for the 1st year, but occasionally something would lift up on a corner. I do not print ABS though. The only problems I have with blue tape & glue is if the bed is not level or I did not adhere the tape down well.
I have mine heatsinked but if you have a V-slot framed printer you could probably get away with attaching it to the aluminum frame and use that as your heatsink for up to 10" heatbed. A 12" would probably be pushing it and need a regular heatsink. I attached my heatsink to the v-slot (Pegasus 10, full metal) and found a printed cover for the SSR on Thingieverse and it actually looks pretty cool, almost a Steam Punk look with that heatsink

My first printer didn't have a heated bed so I used the painter's tape for about a year and a half but I prefer the heated bed once I started using one. I do occasionally use the blue tape for 'effect' when I want a matte rather than a shiny surface. I make a lot of electronics project enclosures and on many projects it just looks more professional. Large flat pieces I usually include a brim which helps considerably. Also the auto bed leveling helped getting an more consistent 1st layer height which seems to help noticeably with adhesion and warping.