Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Install it so it can run on your machine????

The source code was given so you could learn. The very first line of the do_fill() module is:
    Code:
    module do_fill() {
        translate([-7,-14,0]) import("fibofidget.stl");
    That is how original image gets pulled into OpenScad to be modified.

To proceed, you would make a source file called do_fill.scad in some directory. Put that code into the file do_fill.scad. Put the original .STL file (with the correct name of fibofidget.stl) in the same directory. Double click on the do_fill.scad file from within Windows Explorer. That will bring up OpenScad. You should see an initial rendering of the output at that point.
    sorry to be so clueless. again i am lost. i finally got the code in and i cut and paste it in and saved as i get this which isnt the complete file for some reason

also what do you mean by this : Put the original .STL file (with the correct name of fibofidget.stl) in the same directory.

finally did you recode the model or did you somewhow import the file i posted into openscad then fill it in? again sort of lost.

THANKS!

Complicated if you don't have any experience with OpenScad. Magics or the free version of Netfab makes this a much simpler job. Visual editing of the STL is a lot simpler for people not used to CAD.
    In Netfab, highlight the inner sidewall triangles and delete them, then use the hole repair tool to cover the planar holes you have created. 2 minute job...

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by CSMonkey View Post
    Complicated if you don't have any experience with OpenScad. Magics or the free version of Netfab makes this a much simpler job. Visual editing of the STL is a lot simpler for people not used to CAD.
    In Netfab, highlight the inner sidewall triangles and delete them, then use the hole repair tool to cover the planar holes you have created. 2 minute job...

Rich
    not sure how do to this either. where do i go in setting that allows me to highlight the inner sidewall triangles and delete them?

thanks