Hey guys! I'm really hoping that this is qualified as '3D-Modeling' because I think it is and it's really cool!

So, while I do work with conventional modeling for school and sometimes on my own, one thing I have been doing more of recently is making maps for Source games.

The name of the program that you build Source games in is called Hammer Map Maker, and it's make by Valve along with all the Source games and the gaming platform Steam. You can find Hammer on Steam by going to your 'Library' and the 'Tools' folder and downloading 'Source SDK'.

Personally, I've been making maps for a year now, and my newest project is a custom 'Military' type map for a Garry's Mod 'Trouble in Terrorist Town' server. I'm not sure how many of you are gamers but if you are, and you want help getting started with Hammer, let me know!

About 80% of making a map is the actual building of everything and the rest is making the moving parts and scripts work correctly!

Here's my map so far:

A view from behind where players will spawn
Back of Spawn.jpg

The first building I made that has a door that will only open for a certain class
Building with Door.jpg

The inside of the building
Inside.jpg

An overview of the map so far
Overview.jpg