lol - as far as a kit goes.
Nope I wouldn't recommend people start with one.
Given how many ready built machines there are now in the budget sector. I would never recommend a kit over a built and - presumably - tested that it works, machine.
I'm not convinced that you'll learn a great deal from building a kit apart from increased levels of frustration when bits are broken or missing or you can't calibrate, or it just doesn't work properly, or there's no software and when you do find it, it doesn't work (all threads we've had from people with kits)

Plus the ready built ones tend to be more substantial.

A good general purpose machine is the wanhao duplicator i3 - either the 2.1 version or the slightly more expensive plus version.

qidi tech make some good machines too. if buying a replicator clone - these days I'd be inclined to go for a qidi tech over a ctc. Better build quality and fewer issues that I've seen.
Flashforge don't make a basic replicator dual clone any more, just the more expensive pro version - which is a shame as mine's been hassle free for the last 1200 plus hours.

If you're not fussed about size of build volume the flashforge finder is a neat bit of kit and looks cool.

But some indication of intended use would help :-)