Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The amount bugs me

Hey guys,

I love peachy printer, its very innovative and has incredible big potential and as more I have faith and want get my hands at it. I saw already many Kickstarter campaign with Printers and many or rather all are still more expensive and don't even reach the same level as peachy printer. Now I see a new campaign with a 299$ printer (nice price in comparison with the others, still much compared with peachy), but it really bugs me, how much they made in 4 days. 2,1 million dollar. Why didnt peachy get that amount Man, I hope peachy printer will get much more appearence later, on its release!

source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...mer-3d-printer.

ps: its just a rant thread, feel free to rant with me

Engineer-in-Training
    They got that much funding because it is inexpensive, like the Peachy, but more fully realized. Peachy had more R&D to do before release, and people weren't sold on that. KS campaigns are known to disappoint sometimes.

That printer looks awesome, to be honest. But it suffers from the same problems that other printers do: Heavy, unreliable motors and filament. Cheap plastic parts will warp and eventually break under the strain of the motors, and the print head will undoubtedly clog up instantly and permanently, requiring costly repairs or replacement parts.

This is why I backed the Peachy. Sure it has it's own host of problems to be overcome, but it's design is fundamentally better. Having a low cost, high end printer is undoubtedly better than a low cost, low end printer.

Well i dont think that we shouldnt complain,

They gained alot more then they pledged for, Remember this is a sort of technique that is still prototypie..
    Some users will dislike to buy it from a kickstarter as it doesnt look as good on a table as a more polished product like theres, And its more proven to work.

And like i said i guess its also just due the looks, As peachy printer is still not as polished as they are still working on it to improve the method/printing even more.
    I guess its also due at the peachy printer page they didnt been able to realy show off the end product as it wasnt near completion like they are for example, they give a real picture of what you are getting if your buying it.

I wouldnt rant about it due some have more than the other, I would be happy that peachy printer was this succesfull anyhow. So they can do there work with some budget.

Student
    Yes it is hard to imagine why you would invest any money and time into such a printer when the peachy is just round the corner offering so much more. It is like having seen the light and there is no going back.

I think we are very lucky to have found Rylan's amazing venture and are able to engage in active discussion on it's development as well.

What bugs me is not being able to invest any serious money into the Peachy printer and Rylan.

The answer can be found in histroy. Why didn't people take stock out before the depression. Why didnt people invest in tech before the industrial revolution?

Only the smart ones can see something big coming. My friends. We are the smart ones (also a bit lucky cause we found kickstarter) . But this is big and it takes some brains to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by bovalis2037 View Post
    Only the smart ones can see something big coming. My friends. We are the smart ones.
    Yay I'm smart!
    http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...oo!_poster.jpg

Peachy is an amazing printer, especially for that price range !

While I think there is no arguing that Peachy did well I honestly think the reason they didn't perform better is due to how the campaign was run. Communication was poor, vague, unclear and untimely, lack of prints (seemed there were some additional prints that were not shown until after the campaign(s) ended?), more? Thse types of things erroded trust from potential backers resulting in missed opportunities.

Luckily enough of us saw some potential to give Peachy a good result which will hopefully be enough to build a long term business!
    Last edited by patrik; 04-11-2014 at 03:25 PM. Reason: oops

Well personaly i havent bought it yet for several reasons,
    Most major reason was due i simple already have a printer :P

But also due i simple wanted a few more prints from it before i actualy could say i go for it,
    Also i just thought i would be better off buying the end product, Or if theres a (better) version as they are planned to offer, to buy that one if it has some nice diffrent features.

But probably i will buy the peachy printer later on, if i see more from it.
    Probably once its in the peachy webstore.. :P

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourtime View Post
    Hey guys,

I love peachy printer, its very innovative and has incredible big potential and as more I have faith and want get my hands at it. I saw already many Kickstarter campaign with Printers and many or rather all are still more expensive and don't even reach the same level as peachy printer. Now I see a new campaign with a 299$ printer (nice price in comparison with the others, still much compared with peachy), but it really bugs me, how much they made in 4 days. 2,1 million dollar. Why didnt peachy get that amount Man, I hope peachy printer will get much more appearence later, on its release!

source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...mer-3d-printer.

ps: its just a rant thread, feel free to rant with me
    It's very simple, they made it in pastel colours to appeal to the yuppie market.

I can see this on the desk of many a stuffy executive, it takes up minimal real estate and like windows tablets you can get it in your own puke selected colour.

The only thing that would lead me to buy that is the size, wow. that is tiny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast