Close

Hybrid View

What is the color of the powder before the laser get active?
    the convex bottom problem is a sign of warping and you have to change your temperature setting and to check that the IR sensor is working right.
    Warping happens while part of the matierial fall under a spezic material temperatur and the material shinks at different point of the print. I hope you understand what try to say. My english is not so good.

What is your chamber temperature? (i take heat up 149,5 Printing 150) What is your surface temperatur? (166 / 170,5) What was your heat up time?

Student
    Interesting - Roman has just responded to a ticket I sent about the issue and he says the chamber temperature does not matter too much.

The first prints were done at the default values with the laser set at 550 mm/sec. With the melting that seems to be happening, I am now trying the laser at 600mm/sec and I have also change the hatching from 50 micron to 75 micron. I know I should not change more than one value at a time but with a print taking so long it will take forever getting things right. I still don't know how close my X, Y and Z values are going to be after the latest adjustment of the galvo drivers and I cannot adjust Z until I get a flat print!