Close

Threaded View

Student
    Now I am really frustrated. Two more aborted prints today. This time I loaded the print chamber with four of the test pieces, in a similar pattern to that shown in Roman's photo below. All four curled up at the edges and were dragged into the overflow bin with some of the molten Nylon sticking to the blade. This happened using the default values of; surface at 170C and chamber at 140C. For the second print I upped the surface to 175C and the chamber to 150C. This time was slightly better in that only three were wiped out - not much consolation!

However, there may have been a slight clue in the second print as the 'cake' surrounding the prints was much more solid than in previous attempts. In the first few prints there was very little 'cake' and the prints were surrounded by loose powder. In the last attempt, at 175C surface and 150C chamber, nearly all the powder in the print chamber was loosely holding together. So, just how solid should the 'cake' be and does this point to my surface temperature still being too low?

This is an extract that accompanied the photo from Roman's response to my ticket:
    Also check the following things:
    -the Laser glass may not cover the IR sensor
    - the tube of the IR sensor may not touch the sheet metal beyond it
    - The frontal light shade has to be adjusted correctly. the shade of has to be aligned exactly to the backside.

The last point is the one that is confusing me. I don't see much of a shadow on my powder or in the photo. If the frontal shade needs adjusting does it mean a complete disassembly of the hood? Not looking forward to that!!

Print surface.jpg
    Last edited by Mike Francies; 11-17-2016 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Cannot upload photo