Close

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Student
    This looks great very smart design.

I'm only just getting started with 3D Printing. I think ill be snapping one of these up when they become available on Kickstarter especially at that price thats very reasonable

Very keen to see the Kickstarter when you launch it - this is just what I've been shopping around for this week (and NOT finding!).

Student
    Looks promising, is your Kickstarter campaign going to be open to international backers? if so I hope you're investigating some good deals on international shipping.
    Also as JRDM pointed out, a winder would be a great addition.

Let me know how I can help. I am very interested.

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorke View Post
    Also as JRDM pointed out, a winder would be a great addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRDM View Post
    And please don't claim to be able to extrude PLA unless you actually show a good measure of PLA being extruded.

If these two needs can be satisfied, I will be one of your backers.

Student
    The spec stated that :

"Filament Tolerances: 1.75mm (+ .1/ – .1) & 3mm (+ .1/ – .1). with nozzle change."

Is that a typo? Your competition claims +/-0.04 to +/-0.05mm at most.

Quote Originally Posted by bringho View Post
    The spec stated that :

"Filament Tolerances: 1.75mm (+ .1/ – .1) & 3mm (+ .1/ – .1). with nozzle change."

Is that a typo? Your competition claims +/-0.04 to +/-0.05mm at most.
    Still isnt that bad at all, most filament you buy from shops have the same or even larger tolerance,
    If you simple measure it every print it wouldnt be a problem i would guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLuigi View Post
    Still isnt that bad at all, most filament you buy from shops have the same or even larger tolerance,
    If you simple measure it every print it wouldnt be a problem i would guess.

Personally, I'd just be glad to be able to recycle my plastic easily...

The process I use now is not safe, and I have the burns to prove it...

Technician
    Follow Strooder On Twitter Add Strooder on Facebook Add Strooder on Google+
    Thank you all for your great feedback and the questions you have asked. We will try to respond to all general queries on this post as best as possible and will reply individually to the more specific questions!

From the start of development we have focused on extruding PLA filament as we knew it was an issue that most extruders have avoided in the past. We are currently a week away from filming the video for Kickstarter which will show PLA being extruded.

Additionally as some of you have pointed out that a grinding mechanism is currently a great need for the community as a whole. We fully understand this and it is a huge issue for ourselves when our prints fail, I have even attached an image of our current failed prints! A grinder is the next move for ourselves given that the project is successfully backed. Testing will be done with adding virgin pellets to find the highest quality recycling method possible.

The Kickstarter will be open to international backers and we are currently finding the best option for delivery of the product to yourselves.

In regards to tolerance, we have beaten current competition on several tests, and we are optimistic to sustain this level of tolerance. However, we did not want to give a final statement on tolerance until we were completely satisfied with ongoing testing, hence the confusion from the article. I have attached an image of a calibration cube we printed with perfect dimensions using Strooder filament to illustrate this. The tolerance will be verified before launch.

Please ask any questions you have and thank you again for your support.

CalibrationCube20.jpgfailedprints.jpg
    Last edited by Strooder; 05-02-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strooder View Post
    Additionally as some of you have pointed out that a winder (Grinding mechanism) is currently a great need for the community as a whole.

I'm not sure if I just missed something, or I don't know certain terms being used, but when I first saw someone asking about a winder, I thought that they meant a mechanism that would wind the extruded filament onto a spool.

This sadly changes my stance on weather or not I will be a backer. I can't put money on something that can't grind my failed prints, and at the same time I'm in a similar situation with the spool winder.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast