Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
I have been manually leveling my bed for 3 years now and never had a problem. My concern with ABL/Mesh Leveling is the fact you are relying upon a servo and its movement to ensure you get repeatable results. That is why the BL Touch intrigues me because the only part that moves is the pin which theoretically should provide better results.
Actually... I think it can be the opposite of that. If you design your probe leg such that when it is straight down, the switch lever is a little bit off center what will happen is the probe leg will get a slight rotational force (toque) applied to it when you are actually depressing the lever arm. If you make it so the probe leg hits a stop when fully deployed, you just tell the servo to go a few degrees past that point and turn off. From then on, all probed points just gently press the probe leg against the stop.

With that kind of a setup, you can get better results with a micro-switch than with an inductive probe. The micro-switches trigger at the same place every time.