Close

Hybrid View

Senior Engineer
    You need to sort out your quoting and your original text, your posts are too long and confusing.

Sound velocity varies with frequency. Air does not always act adiabatically and that makes the velocity change slightly.

Anyway, I am not trying to tell you it won't work I am really just interested to see if you can do it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    You need to sort out your quoting and your original text, your posts are too long and confusing.

Sound velocity varies with frequency. Air does not always act adiabatically and that makes the velocity change slightly.

Anyway, I am not trying to tell you it won't work I am really just interested to see if you can do it or not.
    That is true. Unfortunately, when I receive a half a page long comment including 10 different question, I have to write a long response. I highly appreciate if everybody only targets a specific question to have a clearer discussion to learn from each other.

Air does not always act adiabatically and that makes the velocity change slightly. I totally agree with that. But I’m not sure If I understood your point about the frequency sweep. If you are talking about the dependence of the speed on the frequency in dispersive medium, that is not really relevant to our case. On the other hand, I’m not still sure if I understand where does the frequency variation coming from. Why should we have a frequency variation? Are you talking about the Doppler effect? Please be more specific about that question.