Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Todd-67 View Post
    Is the part sitting square to the bed? In other words are the side walls of the part parallel to the sides of the bed? If so try rotating the part at an angle so your x & y are not absolute.
    Yes it is. Trying a print now. So well see if it helps printing it at 45 degrees. Still would like to know what caused it though. My prints were never perfect, but this started happening and getting worse and worse. Has gotten a little, very little better since cleaning and oiling rods.

Engineer-in-Training
    Lets see how that works. I am spitballing but if you look into the sailfish firmware manual (way learning this myself) the acceleration deceleration is more than likely the culprit. The head doesn't know how far it needs to decell to print the next layer.

Again full of speculation but the lubrication reccomended might be a clue to extra resistance

Tilting the model makes the x & y work together rather than one or the other. Might.... may.... give you insite into what is going on.

That being said it maybe belt tension. These printers are not great at addressing that.
    Last edited by Todd-67; 10-18-2016 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Typos on the tablet

My FFCX loses/gains a bit on rounds and diagonals. Still looking into why. Follow the saga here