Close

Threaded View

Engineer-in-Training
    This is a rather large part all the way out to the perimeter of the build plate. leveling is going to be critical. I use automotive feeler gauges as the give a very positive read on the exact height.

I think most of your issues have to deal with the supports and how they are applied automatically by the software. In the first image you can see how dense there are in the lip along the x axis while they are too sparse on the the y axis.

auto-supports.JPG

By using the custom support option you can take control of how much support goes where.
    support-dialog-box.JPG

By varying the size of the support resolution and placing them manually you can customize them so you don't have an overkill mess in the x and not enough in the y. This is an example of the power of S3D.
    supports-added-manually.JPG

If you look at the section below it shows where the supports are going and that they are not excessive.
    corner-section showing supports.JPG

I would slice the model down to just a corner like I am showing and experiment around with some quick prints to see what works rather than wasting time and material trying to print the entire thing while you are figuring out the settings.

Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes.
    Last edited by Todd-67; 10-16-2016 at 08:33 AM. Reason: changed the y to an x... typo