Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    1) If you are a teacher in a school working with 3D printing, what are the main difficulties for your students in using this tool?
    Students at the design faculty I worked at were are well versed in 3D design, often a 3D printer is something students even invest in.
    One of the reasons that they do is the difficulty in planning and reserving a printer at the faculty, especially when at the end of the semester there is a gold rush for having their prototypes printed at the faculty's high-end printer. Another task is to well advise and control the printability of prototypes, and the reasons why they are using the 3d printer.

2) if you are a teacher in a school working with 3D printing, what are the main difficulties for you to conduct your teaching program or classes?
    Some of the 3D models I worked on were very advanced and required a lot of editing before being well printable that took much more time than planned.

3D printer just is a tool, so the course is more important for education.
    Certainly, the printer must be easy-to-use and reliable.
    Firstly we prefer to provide some DIY dismountable printer to help students to know how this tool works, then guide them how to use these tools.

No school has enough money to invest in 3d printers

Follow 3DPLUS On Twitter Add 3DPLUS on Facebook Add 3DPLUS on Google+ Add 3DPLUS on Thingiverse
    I used to provide 3dprinter for some school in Vietnam. And the main key needed is SAFETY. So I chose the MINI PRINTER .

( in VN we call mayin3dmini ).

Going to bring back this post because I'm curious. I built an online 3D Printing facility that allows anyone to start with 3D Printing without needing to buy a 3D Printer. Each student can be connected to a live stream of a 3D Printer. Is that something teachers would be interested in? I built the company to help people get started with 3D Printing.

-Harnek

There are difficulties but everything can be overcome.

It is true, in 3D education there are a lot of difficulties

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12