Close

Hybrid View

Soooooooo I have replacement nozzles and cleaned the old ones out all hunky dory. So far so good got some good prints done. I have now got rid of the clicking problem. The miscellaneous pausing during printing on the other hand did return but i think i know why.

During an 8 hour print I had it pause 1/4 of the way through . I put this down to a partial lift of the print and maybe a jammed nozzle. Same as before it had stopped as if was finished but nozzle was still in position still hot but not extruding.
    So I checked my levels blockages all was fine so i applied more glue and tried a reprint. The same again exact same spot same layer to the millimetre.

I then went back to S3D and noticed an error box which i vaguely remember seeing before say something about the gcode. So i re sliced the model and saved to hard drive had some food then transferred to sd card and started the print for a third time. This time it worked pretty much to a tee aside from some weird curl/separation issues on some thin edges which i think is due to print speed??? and some odd under extrusion in small areas which i think is retraction issue. But as im so fresh at this im still working that out. Just happy it printed regardless of some faults.

So in conclusion I have found clicking motor is a jam in my case caused i believe by bad filament and maybe a miss formed nozzle. But the printer pausing part way through print i believe was caused when saving straight to memory card being too eager and removing too soon even though it looked like it was finished. So as a precaution I save to hard drive now first then save to memory card then click to eject the memory card just to make sure it is all done.

I hope this helps others as every one i have spoken too so far has been very helpful.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear you were able to figure out a lot of the issues!