Close

Hybrid View

It surprises me how many small printers were there. I'd think there would be more and more interest for larger build size printers, so that we can print a greater variety of objects. I guess the trend is now to print pieces of larger options and then put them together somehow. How many people were in attendance? Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginationProgress View Post
    It surprises me how many small printers were there. I'd think there would be more and more interest for larger build size printers, so that we can print a greater variety of objects. I guess the trend is now to print pieces of larger options and then put them together somehow. How many people were in attendance? Any idea?
    I aint completely sure but the best guess i would be able to make is that people , average people want a printer that can fit anywhere, Even in the living room next to there TV/PC.
    Doing that with a Ultimaker 2 for example or a Delta is of course not the first choice of the majority, As its to big.

Smaller printers will probably cost less and will do the job never the less, Will suit in most areas, With the down side that the prints will be alot smaller, personaly i would never buy one that isnt 6x6x6 inch ATLEAST.
    I personaly find a sweet spot at atleast 8x8x8 inch.

But i guess thats why most are targetting smaller printers, especially the printers from China since they want it on mass production of course.