Quote Originally Posted by Billzilla View Post
Hi there.
I've had an UP 3D printer for a couple of years and really like it but it was time to get a unit with a larger print volume and having twin extruders is quite handy as well, so I got a Flashforge machine a week ago.
The test print of the supplied cube-like thing went perfectly, but when I try to print something of my own design the printer starts to squirt out a little plastic in the FL corner of the platform, then zips diagonally over to the RR corner, then goes off the edge and starts extruding into mid-air.
I've set the object in the centre of the platform, what have I missed?
Hi Bill,

You have made sure its on the platform ?

Another possibility is often the model isn't watertight depending on what modelling software you used and how you used it. I know for me and Blender, before I print there is one step required to make the model printable, and that is run it through netfabb cloud.

https://modelrepair.azurewebsites.net/

Agh.. ive just checked and now microsoft run netfabb cloud so you need to sign in now to fix the model.

Upload your file to there it will send it back to you in an email with any holes fixed. What might be happening is the base layer is missing an edge, and Replicator G can't figure out the layer so it effectively leaves it out.