Close

Hybrid View

Sorry it came across like that. Not picking on you.

For the record The FFCP works best with either S3D or Makerware. Flashprint is not the preferred option. FP was initially brought out with the Dreamer as an attempt at a Stratasys/3D Systems-like setup. Not too popular if I recall.

The USB issue goes far deeper. In a nutshell using USB for printing is asking for trouble. Stick to memory card or wifi.

If you had no clicking then your filament idler wasn't exerting enough pressure the the extruder gear. Easily remedied. And may be the case here although its unlikely.

Missed that part about both extruders. Whatever the OP tries to fix the issue he should try on both extruder to make sure it replicates.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post

For the record The FFCP works best with either S3D or Makerware. Flashprint is not the preferred option. FP was initially brought out with the Dreamer as an attempt at a Stratasys/3D Systems-like setup. Not too popular if I recall.

The USB issue goes far deeper. In a nutshell using USB for printing is asking for trouble. Stick to memory card or wifi.

If you had no clicking then your filament idler wasn't exerting enough pressure the the extruder gear. Easily remedied. And may be the case here although its unlikely.

Missed that part about both extruders. Whatever the OP tries to fix the issue he should try on both extruder to make sure it replicates.

No problem!!

I agree on the flashprint. The only reason I brought it up was that during my setup the instructions said to run it and do a firmware update. Don't know if it actually did anything but didn't seem to break it.

Yes, USB can be an issue and probably the most common thing aside from the ports powering down is people using cables that are to long or extension cables. USB 3 can also be problematic depending on the driver/printer combo. I have one printer that will not run off a USB 3 but works fine on USB 2 ports, two others work fine on the USB 3's. I do have a tested USB solution for those interested. I use a USB extender via network cable. I run 3 printers off 3 75 foot runs and have no issues. I just like to monitor on S3D!

Yes on the extruders or it was still moving just a slight bit of filament and spinning its wheels. Either way a definite possibility.

I was wondering if his issue could be heat related. It really sounds more electrical to me especially on a new machine.

Thanks for the commentary - I am always needing to learn more also and apologies for being a little over reactive!!

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    The newest version of Flashprint supports the Creator Pro and similar clones. You can even open a .x3g file in flash print to view and check out layers.

Older versions of Makerware are OK with FFCP, but newer desktop versions are buggy. I've read that it has trouble with heating the the correct extruder.

S3D is the way to go though. IMO, everything else is a waste of time to spend time to learn.

Technologist
    For the record The FFCP works best with either S3D or Makerware.
    What version of Makerware would you recommend? Or will any version work?